Saturday, February 25, 2017

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...

So...I have got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)

According to Wikipedia:

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a medical condition characterized by long-term fatigue and other symptoms that limit a person's ability to carry out ordinary daily activities.[2][3] Quality of life of persons with CFS can be compromised. You can read more here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

These are the Symptoms and Signs (from Wikipedia):

  1. A new onset (not lifelong) of severe fatigue for six consecutive months or greater duration which is unrelated to exertion, is not substantially relieved by rest, and is not a result of other medical conditions.
  2. The fatigue causes a significant reduction of previous activity levels.
  3. Four or more of the following symptoms that concurrently last six months or longer:
    • impaired memory or concentration
    • post-exertional malaise, where physical or mental exertions bring on "extreme, prolonged exhaustion and sickness"
    • unrefreshing sleep
    • muscle pain (myalgia)
    • pain in multiple joints (arthralgia)
    • headaches of a new kind or greater severity
    • sore throat, frequent or recurring
    • tender lymph nodes (cervical or axillary)
Other common symptoms include:[19]


I have had an obvious change of memory and concentration for the past year. It has decreased so much that I find it really hard to do any school work. It is really annoying and frustrating. And I remember I use to have the sort of refreshing feeling when I wake up. But now, it is gone. I don't feel refresh when I wake up in the morning and I don't even care if I sleep 8 hours anymore because I am going to be tired anyway. Sometimes, even worse, I don't even have the physical energy to do work, I am not just mentally tired. And people don't understand it because they can't tell by looking at me. You can't tell if I have CFS by looking at my appearance and that's why people can't tell. I know for sure that some teachers think I am lying and faking but that is way beyond what I can control. 

If you have CFS, I would like you to know that you are not alone. I am here with you. We will go through this together. Share with me your experience in the comments.

Girl Online, going offline xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment